[Trilinos-Users] Sacado problem (Windows & VS)

KEERSMAEKERS Laurent laurent.keersmaekers at vanhool.com
Tue Oct 22 07:05:24 EDT 2019

Dear,

As a programmer, I'm used to develop my code in the Matlab environment. Due to some runtime speed issues in several optimization applications, I'd like to translate my programs to c/c++. Since I make use of ADMat in Matlab (automatic differentiation), I'm in the need of a similar package, compatible with c/c++. In my search for such a package, I came across Sacado. However, I'm not really sure how to install the package, as It's the first time I'm going through such a process.

Constraints:

  *   Windows 10, 64-bit
  *   Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 (c/c++ compilers)
  *   Installed CLapack 3.2.1 (Blas and Lapack implementation). This could be modified to Intel MKL in the future.
  *   CMake 3.16.0
  *   Trilinos-master, downloaded on 22 October 2019

CMake:

  *   I looked for the dependent packages (and added them)
     *   KokkosCore
     *   TeuchosCore
     *   TeuchosNumerics
     *   TeuchosComm
     *   TeuchosKokkosComm
     *   KokkosContainers
     *   ADOLC (?)
     *   ADIC (?)
     *   CppUnit (?)
  *   Additionally, I added the following directories/libraries
     *   C_LAPACK_DIR
     *   TPL_BLAS_LIBRARIES
     *   TPL_LAPACK_LIBRARIES

With the constraints and CMake options mentioned above, I wasn't able to configure and generate an error-free project for Visual Studio. The number of erratic lines are probably too many to mention here (1500+).

Request:

Could I obtain a step-by-step guide, that explains on how to build the Sacado package on a Windows machine, using Visual Studio?

Thanks in advance,
Laurent Keersmaekers

Project engineer Simulatiions & CO2

DISCLAIMER:

Any email committing our company needs to be approved by the managing
director. This email and its attachments are for the intended addressee only. If
you have received it in error then please delete it and notify the sender by return
email. In case of doubt about correctness or completeness of this email please
contact the sender. Thank you for your cooperation.
Warning: Any mail sent to this e-mail address is considered as company mail and can be opened by the Management.
Van Hool conditions are applicable and this without reservation on all offers, sales, purchases,…