[Trilinos-Users] Sacado problem (Windows & VS)

Walter Landry wlandry at caltech.edu
Tue Oct 22 10:03:59 EDT 2019

KEERSMAEKERS Laurent writes:
> As a programmer, I'm used to develop my code in the Matlab
> environment. Due to some runtime speed issues in several optimization
> applications, I'd like to translate my programs to c/c++. Since I make
> use of ADMat in Matlab (automatic differentiation), I'm in the need of
> a similar package, compatible with c/c++. In my search for such a
> package, I came across Sacado. However, I'm not really sure how to
> install the package, as It's the first time I'm going through such a
> process.

If you just want Sacado, you can remove a lot of libraries.  You do not
need lapack or blas.  The CMake line I use is

 cmake -DTrilinos_ENABLE_Sacado=ON -DTrilinos_ENABLE_Kokkos=OFF -DTrilinos_ENABLE_Teuchos=OFF -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../../trilinos_bin ..

I have more complete instructions for building just Sacado on Linux at

  https://gitlab.com/bootstrapcollaboration/scalar_blocks/blob/master/Install.md

You only need to look at steps 1-4.

Hope that helps,
Walter Landry