[Trilinos-Users] Best way to submit questions regarding installation

Robert Sawko RSawko at uk.ibm.com
Mon Apr 25 17:56:18 EDT 2016

Hi Simon,

I have just started with Trilinos this week myself and had initially
struggled with compilation. There seems to be Issues page on GitHub.

https://github.com/trilinos/Trilinos/issues

I've just closed my serial compilation problem there and got quite a few
helpful comments.

https://github.com/trilinos/Trilinos/issues/315

For serial you basically navigate to source folder and then the commands
below worked for me

  mkdir build
  cd build
  cmake -DTrilinos_ENABLE_ALL_PACKAGES=ON -DKokkos_ENABLE_Pthread=OFF -DTrilinos_ENABLE_STK=OFF ../
  make  # or make -j4 if you want parallel build on four cores

I will be playing with parallel this week. By the way, note how
convenient cmake is here as you can have separate folders for different
builds

Hope this helps,
Robert
---