[Trilinos-Users] scalability tests with aztec file example

Lucie Freret lfreret at arrow.utias.utoronto.ca
Fri Mar 28 09:35:40 MDT 2014

Hello all,

I am a new user of this list and maybe my question has already been
addressed - sorry if it is the case.

I am using the file example cxx_main.cpp located at
trilinos-11.4.2-Source/packages/aztecoo/example/simple_epetra_aztecoo
to realize some scalability tests.

 From this file, I changed the number of equations (default
value=1000) to get a global matrix size equal to 500,000 (half a
million). According to the number of cores, I'm changing the number of
equations per core to keep the global matrix size constant. The
speed-up that I get is quite bad - see the file below.

Does anyone have already looked at this example or done scalability
tests with Aztecoo?

Thanks for your help,
Best regards,
Lucie Freret