[Trilinos-Users] Speedup for solving linear systems

Chris Jackson chris.jackson at mayahtt.com
Thu Mar 27 15:56:16 MDT 2014

Hi,

At the risk of asking a very open-ended question:

Are there any publications showing parallel speedup of solving sparse, non-symmetric linear systems using AztecOO, with BiCGStab or GMRES and ML as a preconditioner?    We are interested in problem sizes in the range of 500,000-20,000,000 unknowns on say 8-128 processes.  Are there any guidelines as to what kind of parallel efficiencies can be obtained?  We have noted some very poor efficiencies for a large range of problems.  (We suspect we are doing something wrong, and would like an example of how to use the package correctly.)

Thanks

Chris Jackson