[Trilinos-Users] scalability tests with aztec file example

Heroux, Mike MHeroux at CSBSJU.EDU
Mon Mar 31 14:39:35 MDT 2014

Lucie,

This is a very simple example that should not present any scaling problems
except for two possible reasons:

- The linear system size is too small to make effective use of more than
one processor.
- You do not have a properly working MPI environment.

>From the results you show, I would be surprised if you saw no speed up
going from 1 to 2 processors, but perhaps you can try a much larger sized
problem, say 10,000,000, and see if there is any speedup.  If this does
not work, then I am guessing you have perhaps not compiled Trilinos with
MPI enabled, or your MPI environment is not working properly.

Mike