[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Zoltan with Epetra_CrsMatrix

Devine, Karen D kddevin at sandia.gov
Wed Apr 24 15:38:30 MDT 2013

You should look at the Trilinos package Isorropia, which provides an Epetra-based interface to Zoltan.
I find the easiest way to use Isorropia is with the create_balanced_copy method, which takes your input matrix and produces a new, redistributed matrix.  The Isorropia parameter BALANCE OBJECTIVE allows balancing with respect to nonzeros.

Usage looks something like this:

  Epetra_CrsMatrix *A = your_matrix;
  Teuchos::ParameterList paramlist;
  paramlist.set("STRUCTURALLY SYMMETRIC", "YES");
  paramlist.set("BALANCE OBJECTIVE", "NONZEROS");

  Teuchos::RCP<Epetra_CrsMatrix> B =
              Isorropia::Epetra::create_balanced_copy(*A, paramlist);
  delete *A;
  A = B.get();
  B.release();