[Trilinos-Users] tracking down NaNs: best practices?

Matthias Heil m.heil at maths.manchester.ac.uk
Mon Oct 24 00:48:38 MDT 2011

Use fenv.h:

#include<fenv.h>

and then somewhere in main() call

feenableexcept(FE_INVALID | FE_DIVBYZERO);

There are further options but these have saved my life
repeatedly....

     Matthias

On 21/10/11 18:07, Nico Schlömer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm just trying to track down some NaNs that (sometimes) appear on mpi
> runs in a code that touches various Trilinos packages.
> Doing so, I find myself climbing through Trilinos methods and the
> classes with plenty of 'std::cout's which obviously takes much time.
> There must be a better way to do this. (Trilinos compile options, helper
> methods...?)
>
> Any hints?
>
> Cheers,
> Nico

Professor Matthias Heil

Alan Turing Building, Room 2.224
School of Mathematics           Tel. +44 (0)161 275 5808
University of Manchester        Fax. +44 (0)161 275 5819
Oxford Road                     email: M.Heil at maths.man.ac.uk
Manchester M13 9PL              WWW: http://www.maths.man.ac.uk/~mheil/
U.K.

NEWS:   The beta release of oomph-lib, the object-oriented
         multi-physics finite-element library is now available
         as free open-source software at

             http://www.oomph-lib.org