[Trilinos-Users] Working with ParameterLists

Neil N. Carlson nnc at lanl.gov
Wed Oct 26 12:14:43 MDT 2011

I'm looking at the doxygen-generated documentation for
Teuchos::ParameterList, and I find "Warning, this function
should almost never be used!" warnings for some inquiry
member functions isParameter, isSublist, isType.  Can
someone explain what the danger is here?  The suggested
alternative of using getEntryPtr() seems to me to be a
a really lousy substitute.

Neil Carlson
Computational Physics and Methods (CCS-2)
Los Alamos National Laboratory
PO Box 1663, MS D413 · Los Alamos, NM 87545
505.665.6386 · 505.665.4972 (fax)