[Trilinos-Users] Belos Linear Solver

Einar Otnes eotnes at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 00:44:37 MDT 2011

Dear experts,

I have a quick question about Belos. Does it only support "square"
operators? In other words, if I want to create a solver to  handle the
linear problem Ax=b, does the matrix A have to be N x N, i.e. square? I
found out that when I define a LinearProblem, Ax=b, with A rectangular, the
setProblem() method returned an error. Does this mean that I cannot use
Belos to implement a Solver which handles rectangular matrices where I
impose some sort of regularizer to obtain a solution. If not, what would be
my alternative? Thyra?

Thanks,
Einar