[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Installing pytrilinos to a user-defined directory

lukshuntim at gmail.com lukshuntim at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 21:35:24 MST 2011

On 12/20/2011 07:05 AM, Bill Spotz wrote:
> Comments below.
>
> On Dec 18, 2011, at 10:35 PM, <lukshuntim at gmail.com> <lukshuntim at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12/19/2011 08:54 AM, Nuno Sucena Almeida wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ross, Bill and Nuno,
>>
>> It seems somehow when used inside an option file, it is not passed down
>> when pytrilinos is being configured. I'm quite new to cmake so I don't
>> know whether my use of the option file is 100% correct or not. And I
>> don't quite understand this few lines (in CMakeLists.txt in the
>> pytrilinos package).
>>
>> IF(CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX_INITIALIZED_TO_DEFAULT)
>>  SET(PyTrilinos_DEFAULT_INSTALL_PREFIX ${PYTHON_PREFIX})
>> ELSE(CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX_INITIALIZED_TO_DEFAULT)
>>  SET(PyTrilinos_DEFAULT_INSTALL_PREFIX ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX})
>> ENDIF(CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX_INITIALIZED_TO_DEFAULT)

Hmm, that means CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX_INITIALIZED_TO_DEFAULT is *false*
when CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX is set explicitly, ...

I think I found what I did wrong after looking at more instances of
CMakeLists.txt files. When setting paths, I should use either something
like /usr/local/stow/trilinos (no quotes) or "/usr/local/stow/trilinos"
(double quotes) but *not* '/usr/local/stow/trilinos' (single quotes). I
had thought that as there are no special characters, they don't make any
difference. :-( Maybe the cmake experts out there can confirm.

Thanks again for all the timely help and greetings of the season,
ST