[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Installing pytrilinos to a user-defined directory

Bill Spotz wfspotz at sandia.gov
Mon Dec 19 16:05:59 MST 2011

Comments below.

On Dec 18, 2011, at 10:35 PM, <lukshuntim at gmail.com> <lukshuntim at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/19/2011 08:54 AM, Nuno Sucena Almeida wrote:
>
> Hi Ross, Bill and Nuno,
>
> It seems somehow when used inside an option file, it is not passed down
> when pytrilinos is being configured. I'm quite new to cmake so I don't
> know whether my use of the option file is 100% correct or not. And I
> don't quite understand this few lines (in CMakeLists.txt in the
> pytrilinos package).
>
> IF(CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX_INITIALIZED_TO_DEFAULT)
>  SET(PyTrilinos_DEFAULT_INSTALL_PREFIX ${PYTHON_PREFIX})
> ELSE(CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX_INITIALIZED_TO_DEFAULT)
>  SET(PyTrilinos_DEFAULT_INSTALL_PREFIX ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX})
> ENDIF(CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX_INITIALIZED_TO_DEFAULT)

The CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX variable is what you set to to specify where Trilinos will be installed.  If it IS set, then PyTrilinos uses it as the default value for the PyTrilinos installation prefix.  If it is not set, then PyTrilinos uses the python installation prefix as the default PyTrilinos installation prefix.

Regardless of what the default is, it can be overridden by setting PyTrilinos_INSTALL_PREFIX.

** Bill Spotz                                              **
** Sandia National Laboratories  Voice: (505)845-0170      **
** P.O. Box 5800                 Fax:   (505)284-0154      **
** Albuquerque, NM 87185-0370    Email: wfspotz at sandia.gov **