[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Installing pytrilinos to a user-defined directory

Jonathan Guyer guyer at nist.gov
Mon Dec 19 07:11:00 MST 2011

On Dec 18, 2011, at 7:54 PM, Nuno Sucena Almeida wrote:

> On 12/18/2011 04:13 PM, Bill Spotz wrote:
>> The PyTrilinos installation path is supposed to be set by the user via variable PyTrilinos_INSTALL_PREFIX as seen at line 182 of Trilinos/packages/PyTrilinos/CMakeLists.txt.  I personally have not tried using the configure options file.
>
> You can find my configure script at
> https://slug.blog.aeminium.org/2011/07/16/trilinos-10-6-x-ubuntu-11-04/
>
> and indeed I use PyTrilinos_INSTALL_PREFIX, which works fine, at least
> with 10.6.4

Likewise, my latest build instructions are at http://matforge.org/fipy/wiki/InstallFiPy/MacOSX/SnowLeopard#Trilinos1 and PyTrilinos_INSTALL_PREFIX works fine to install into a virtualenv.

It looks like, at least in the case of virtualenv, that this shouldn't be necessary any more, as the virtualenv's python knows its own prefix and Trilinos/packages/PyTrilinos/CMakeLists.txt seems to ask properly for it in 10.6 and above, but I seem to remember that that didn't work right with Trilinos 10.2 when I originally worked out the virtualenv install.