[Trilinos-Users] Rythmos package using MPI

Coffey, Todd S tscoffe at sandia.gov
Thu Oct 28 13:09:57 MDT 2010

  Hi Jatin.

  Rythmos uses an underlying linear algebra interface from Thyra which can be used in serial or parallel (typically by using an Epetra/Thyra adapter).  The application must choose how to distribute the vectors and matrices in parallel and then Rythmos simply operates on the vectors and matrices through algebraic operations and does not need to know anything about the parallel environment.

  All of the integration schemes in Rythmos will (should) operate correctly on a parallel distributed differential equation.

  Let me know if this answers your question.

Thanks!

Todd Coffey
<tscoffe at sandia.gov>