[Trilinos-Users] RCP circular reference warnings

Kevin Long kevin.long at ttu.edu
Mon Mar 8 13:50:15 MST 2010

Hi Ross,

Thanks. That will be helpful. I've got to fix a crash on an important problem
before cleaning up this memory leak. According to valgrind, I have a few (128)
bytes directly lost and then many more lost indirectly. This also suggests a
circular dependency; I'm sure the RCP tracing will help find it, but first
things first.

kevin

On Monday 08 March 2010 08:46:50 am Bartlett, Roscoe A wrote:
> Kevin,
>
> You can turn this off by configuring with:
>
>    -DTeuchos_ENABLE_DEBUG_RCP_NODE_TRACING=OFF
>
> However, if you have "volumes" of output then that means that you have at
> least one nasty circular dependency that will cause a memory leak (which
> may or may not be important depending on how the leak propogates).
>
> Cheers,
>
> - Ross

Kevin Long
Associate Professor