[Trilinos-Users] Installing Trilinos on Mac OS X 10.5

Chris Baker cgbaker at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 15:37:00 MDT 2008

Matt,

OS X 10.5 has made things a little weirder. The best luck that I (and
others) have had with 10.5 is to use the gcc/g++ compilers from Xcode
(either the 4.0.1 (I have downloaded, but not tested, the 4.2 with the
newest version of Xcode). Then get the g95 (not gfortran!) compiler from Mac
Ports. Then get mpich2 1.0.7 MPI implementation; build and compile it with
your 4.0.1 compilers.

Make sure you explicitly specify the compilers when you call configure, via
the CC, CXX and F77 flags.

Chris