[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Building_error

Phipps, Eric T etphipp at sandia.gov
Mon Mar 15 08:48:51 MST 2021

Hi Pedro,

This looks to be a bug in ShyLU.  I would suggest opening up an issue on ShyLU on the Trilinos github site.  Do you have KokkosKernels enabled?  Looking at the source code, you should be able to work around the issue by enabling KokkosKernels:

template <typename T> inline T& conjugate (T& v) {
#ifdef HAVE_SHYLU_NODEHTS_KOKKOSKERNELS
  v = Kokkos::Details::ArithTraits<T>::conj(v);
#else
  v = T(v.real(), -v.imag());
#endif
  return v;
}
template <> inline double& conjugate (double& v) { return v; }
template <> inline float& conjugate (float& v) { return v; }

The code branch with KokkosKernels disabled makes the invalid assumption that if the scalar type is not float or double, it must be complex, which is wrong.  I am guessing the code isn’t currently tested without KokkosKernels enabled.

-Eric