[Trilinos-Users] Epetra_VbrMatrix and Nox

Heroux, Mike MHeroux at CSBSJU.EDU
Sat Feb 11 11:34:11 EST 2017

Matt,

Epetra_VbrMatrix is a concrete matrix class, so I assume you are building a matrix from pieces.  This is certainly possible.

Epetra_BlockMap is a base class for Epetra_Map.  Epetra_Map “isa” Epetra_BlockMap with a blocksize of 1, so it is a specialization of Epetra_BlockMap.

I don’t know what your FiniteDifference class is, but if it is building an Epetra_CrsMatrix, it will work with an Epetra_BlockMap whose blocksize is 1, but it will not work with larger block sizes.  This might be the issue.

I hope this helps.

Mike