[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Anasazi solver with ML preconditioner won't converge

Thornquist, Heidi K hkthorn at sandia.gov
Mon Feb 6 20:19:24 EST 2017

Good point Alicia, I didn't pay enough attention to bcsstm01, that can
easily cause problems!

Andris, if M is indeed non-singular (it seems to be a diagonal in the spy
plot), would you mind trying this again with a generalized eigenproblem
that has a positive definite mass matrix?  For example, bcsst[k/m][6,8,9]?
 However, it may be easier to modify an example like
anasazi/epetra/example/BlockDavidson/BlockDavidsonEpetraExGenPrecIfpack.cpp
 or anasazi/epetra/example/LOBPCG/LOBPCGEpetraExGenPrecIfpack.cpp.  These
examples use a simple incomplete Cholesky preconditioner and will converge
to the solution with their current settings if the eigensolver sorts for
the smallest magnitude (--sort="SM").  Changing just the preconditioner,
from Ifpack to ML, will give you an easy problem to try it out on.

Thanks,
Heidi

--

Heidi K. Thornquist