[Trilinos-Users] AZ_extract_comm_info: Received elements must be stored after.....

Ashesh Chattopadhyay ashesh6810 at gmail.com
Mon May 23 01:44:39 EDT 2016

Dear all,

I am trying to use AztecOO to solve a linear system AX=B. My B matrix has,
for example, 24 elements divided into, say two processors,using a linear
Map. All the elements of B are zero apart from 16-19 indices, which have
values  of 10.
To do that I am looping over NumMyElements and only updating values of B if
they are at the correct global ids. When I use Aztecoo i get the error
message :
*AZ_extract_comm_info: Received elements must be stored after 12 local
elements.*

The code snippet in which I add elements to the b vector is as follows. I
also understand from previous mail threads that this error is an issue with
the r Epetra_Vector b. Please suggest as to how I can debug this issue.

*for(int i=0;i<NumMyElements;i++){    if(MyGlobalElements[i]==NumNodes)
{       for(int k=0;k<hor;k++)    {      b[i+k]=10;         }   }      }*

Thanks
Ashesh Chattopadhyay
--
Research Assistant, Multi-Scale Multi-Physics Computation Lab
University of Texas at El Paso