[Trilinos-Users] Teuchos link error with Xcode

Hoemmen, Mark mhoemme at sandia.gov
Tue Jul 14 23:54:53 EDT 2015

On 7/14/15, 6:03 AM, "trilinos-users-request at trilinos.org"
<trilinos-users-request at trilinos.org> wrote:
>Message: 10
>Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 17:53:39 +0200
>From: Sensei <senseiwa at gmail.com>
>To: trilinos-users at trilinos.org
>Subject: [Trilinos-Users] Teuchos link error with Xcode
>
>Dear all,
>
>I am starting learning Belos to solve some multivalued problem, but I
>cannot link my project.
>
>Currently I am running Xcode Version 6.4 (6E35b) under MacOS X 10.10.4
>(14E46), with Trilinos 11.0.3.
>
>I am linking OpenMPI, Teuchos, Belos, and Epetra: libmpi, libmpi_cxx,
>libteuchos, libbelos, libbelosepetra, libepetra, libepetraext.
>
>This is the error, and the code I'm trying to build is at the end. The
>linker complains about not finding Teuchos::demangleName and
>Teuchos::TestForException, but I am puzzled, since libteuchos contains
>those symbols:

>Just for my obsession, I've checked the file type of libteuchos and it's
>a Mach-O 64-bit dynamically linked shared library x86_64.
>
>What am I missing in the link phase?
>
>Thanks!

Please don't write the list of Trilinos' libraries by hand.  Trilinos
generates a list for you.  If you use a Makefile build system, take a look
at Makefile.export.Trilinos, a file that lives in your Trilinos install
directory.  It defines variables that list which libraries you need, and
the order in which you need to list them.

Thanks!
mfh