[Trilinos-Users] ansazi question

Hysom, David A. hysom1 at llnl.gov
Fri Feb 13 16:14:12 MST 2015

Hi,

We're using anasazi's LOBPCG, and have cases where convergence
fails, but we'd still like to retrieve the 2nd smallest eigenvector (we're
computing the smallesBasicEigenproblemt two). When we call:

Anasazi::Eigensolution<scalar_t, mvec_t> sol = problem->getSolution();
Teuchos::RCP<mvec_t> evecs = sol.Evecs;
cout << "evecs.size: " << evecs->getNumVectors() << endl;

we get a single vector. However, since anasazi can print out the
eigenvalues and residuals after every iteration, I'm guessing there
should be a way to retrieve the eigenpairs if convergence fails.

So, is there? If not, how easy would it be to modify the code to
do so, and where should I start?

thanks, David