[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Fwd: Trilinos 12.4.2 compilation error on Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.2

Sjaardema, Gregory D gdsjaar at sandia.gov
Wed Dec 23 10:54:21 EST 2015

Ok.  The issue is that there are a few of the SEACAS libraries that are related to the graphics device drivers (libsvdi_cgi is one of these) that do not work correctly as shareable libraries on some or all platforms.

Roscoe Bartlett is working on a patch for TriBits that will allow some of the libraries to be built as archive/static libraries even when the “BUILD_SHARED_LIBS” is enabled.  If you are building with shared libs, then you will have to disable the graphics device driver build for SEACAS and the easiest way to do this is to turn off the X11 support.   You should also be able to disable it by using
“-DTrilinos_ENABLE_SEACASSVDI:BOOL=OFF”.  If you do need the SEACAS graphics programs (blot, fastq), then for now you will have to build with BUILD_SHARED_LIBS set to OFF.

..Greg
--
"A supercomputer is a device for turning compute-bound problems into I/O-bound problems”