[Trilinos-Users] Custom preconditioner with Tpetra

Martin Vymazal martin.vymazal at vki.ac.be
Mon Dec 28 11:42:03 EST 2015

Hello,

  I would like to build a custom preconditioner for a linear system using
Tpetra matrix/vector and linear solvers provided by Belos. Could you
please
tell me where to start? Is there some basic example showing how to do
this?

The matrix I would like to use for preconditioning is P^(-1), so I
suppose one
simple way of applying the preconditioner would be to assemble P, invert
it
(or compute cheap approximation of P^(-1)) and then multiply my lhs and
rhs by
P^(-1), but perhaps there's a more proper way of applying the
preconditioner?

Thank you,

  Martin