[Trilinos-Users] How to enter state space model in Rythmos?

GUEDON Stéphane stephane.guedon at doceapower.com
Tue Sep 30 01:59:06 MDT 2014

Hello,

I am looking for materials to enter a linear multi-dimensional system
for transient simulation. I am not very confident in creating a
ModelEvaluator for the following differential system. I have a thermal
problem to simulate with a backward-Euler implicit method:

         G.x + C.dx/dt = B.u
                             T = E.x

Where G and C are constant symmetric matrices, B and E are respectively
input and output states (constant rectangular matrices). T is the vector
of temperatures to compute each dt and u is the initial input vector.
x_(0) = 0;

When I develop to approximate with Backward-Euler I get:

x_(t+1) = (Identity/dt + C^-1 G)^-1 (x_(t) /dt + C^-1 Bu);
T_(t+1) = E.x_(t+1) ;

Do you have a similar example to follow or any document or explanation
to create a such model please?
In other words, what is W? What is alpha, beta? and so on.

Thank you for any help.