[Trilinos-Users] MPI support problem

"Alberto F. Martín Huertas" amartin at cimne.upc.edu
Thu Sep 25 03:20:12 MDT 2014

Dear Antonella,

from your error, it seems that the compiler (actually the preprocessor)
is not able to find the include file mpi.h with the MPI constants and header
definitions. If /opt/openmpi-myrinet_mx is actually a standard MPI library
installation directory, mpi.h should be found in
/opt/openmpi-myrinet_mx/include
or similar PATH. Can you confirm that this file is actually there ?

Best regards,
  Alberto.

On 25/09/14 11:12, Antonella Longo wrote:
> To enable MPI support we have specified the path
> of MPI directory installed in our server, by including
> -D MPI_BASE_DIR:FILEPATH=/opt/openmpi-myrinet_mx \
> but when we try to install trilinos we are receiving the following
> error.
>
> trilinos-11.2.5-Source/cmake/tribits/package_arch/UnitTests/CTestScriptsUnitTests/GenericDriver.cpp:35:19: error: mpi.h: No such file or directory
>
> Any kind of suggestions are most welcome.
> Deepak Garg and Antonella Longo

> Antonella Longo
> Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia
> Sezione di Pisa
> Via Uguccione della Faggiola, 32
> Pisa, Italy
> Tel. office: 050 8311939
> Cell.: 339 7532089

Alberto F. Martín-Huertas
Centre Internacional de Mètodes Numèrics a l'Enginyeria (CIMNE)
Parc Mediterrani de la Tecnologia, UPC
Esteve Terradas 5, Building C3, Office 215,
08860 Castelldefels (Barcelona, Spain)
Tel.: (+34) 9341 34223
e-mail: amartin at cimne.upc.edu