[Trilinos-Users] problems with transpose, inverse and products with Epetra_CRSMatrix

Alicia Marie Klinvex aklinvex at purdue.edu
Wed Sep 10 08:10:18 MDT 2014

Hello Antonella and Deepak,

The matrix multiplication is in the EpetraExt package: http://trilinos.org/docs/dev/packages/epetraext/doc/html/classEpetraExt_1_1MatrixMatrix.html

I believe the transpose function you seek is also in EpetraExt: http://trilinos.org/docs/dev/packages/epetraext/doc/html/classEpetraExt_1_1RowMatrix__Transpose.html
(I could be wrong about that one; I've never used that particular function before.)

The matrix vector multiplication is in Epetra (called Apply): http://trilinos.org/docs/dev/packages/epetra/doc/html/classEpetra__CrsMatrix.html#a77c4232f1b3d32ff76504ed314df5f76

Do you absolutely need to compute the inverse of your matrix, or do you just want to apply the inverse to a vector?  I'm afraid I don't know whether Trilinos even has a function to invert a sparse matrix, but if you were only interested in solving linear systems, it certainly has functions for that.

Best wishes,
Alicia Klinvex