[Trilinos-Users] matrix construction by Epetra

Heroux, Mike MHeroux at csbsju.edu
Thu Jan 16 08:50:24 MST 2014

If you want to continue down the path you are on, I suggest you use the std::map with keys that are the column entries and values that are the matrix coefficients.  The map can collect the values and then be unpacked to be insert.

This would be the declaration:
  std::map<int, double> curRowValues;

For each row, insert the values in the map in a loop.  This is the body:

      curRowValues[colGID] += value;

Make sure to clear the map in between rows.

Then to extract the values/indices, and insert them, you can do something like this:

  int i=0;
  std::map<int, double>::iterator pos;
  for (pos = curRowValues.begin(); pos != curRowValues.end(); ++pos) {
    indices[i] = pos->first;
    values[i++] = pos->second;
  }
   A->InsertGlobalValues(curRow, numEntries, values, indices);

Mike