[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] NOX - unused parameters when creating an ifpack preconditioner?

Pawlowski, Roger P rppawlo at sandia.gov
Wed Sep 26 16:14:21 MDT 2012

Hi Sean,

NOX was written before parameter list validation existed.  Therefore, parameters are not accessed until actually needed during runtime.  So printing the NOX parameter list before the run, will result in many unused parameters.  To make sure a parameter is used, print the parameter list after nox completes the solve.  NOX has not been updated to do parameter list validation, but we plan to fix this in the next few months.

Information on setting preconditioner parameters can be found on the page:
http://trilinos.sandia.gov/packages/docs/dev/packages/nox/doc/html/classNOX_1_1Epetra_1_1LinearSystemAztecOO.html

Roger