[Trilinos-Users] Thyra Linear Operator: Define operators with different types input/output

Bartlett, Roscoe A. bartlettra at ornl.gov
Mon Mar 12 12:09:00 MDT 2012

Einar,

We removed the ability to support mixed scalar types because it massively complicated the software with no real value (at least not in the last 6 years or so).  If you need to support mixed scales types (i.e. real domain and complex range), you can do that by creating your own dual-templated linear operator interface.  If you just copy and paste the files Thyra_LinearOpBase*pp you should be able to create a double-templated interface pretty fast and then create your own concrete subclass.  We may add an extended interface for a dual-templated Thyra Linear Operator interface but we need to have one of our major driving customers that requires this.  There is actually a bit of software in Thyra (both interfaces and some concrete implementations) to help support translating between vectors and multi-vectors of different scalar types that could be used to help implement such software.

Does this sound reasonable?

-Ross