[Trilinos-Users] Teuchos::SerialDenseSolver equilibration: unexpected behavior

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at ua.ac.be
Thu Oct 20 05:14:38 MDT 2011

Problem solved.

There is a bug in the Teuchos::Serial*DenseSolver: The unequilibration
was actually carried out on the *RHS* whereas it should be the LHS. This
basically means that the equilibration never worked if there was a
column scaling.

Patch attached.

I also noticed that in the respective solve() methods, the equilibration
is never automatically done:

============= *snip* =============
   if (ierr1!=0)
     return(ierr1);
   else
     return(ierr);

   // one never gets here
   if (equilibrate_) ierr1 = unequilibrateLHS();
   return(ierr1);
}

-- I guess the maintainer may want to have a look at this.

Cheers,
Nico