[Trilinos-Users] Teuchos::SerialDenseSolver equilibration: unexpected behavior

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at ua.ac.be
Wed Oct 19 07:45:20 MDT 2011

Hi,

I just encountered a rather odd behavior of Teuchos::SerialDenseSolver
when used with equilibration.
After building a specific 3x3 equation system (code attached), I call

solver.solve();

without equilibration and get the output

================ *snip* ================
WARNING!  SerialDenseSolver<T>::solve: System should be equilibrated!
-0.0416252 0.836261 0.358417
================ *snap* ================

This solution is correct. Using

solver.equilibrateMatrix();
solver.equilibrateRHS();
solver.solve();
solver.unequilibrateLHS();

however, produces

-0.0416252 0.653305 0.323626

I guess I must be making some sort of mistake here but I fail to see
what the issue could be.
The comments in ./packages/amesos2/src/Amesos2_Lapack_def.hpp suggest
that there may be more to it.
Any hints?

Cheers,
Nico