[Trilinos-Users] trouble with mpi libraries

Edsall, William (WJ) WJEdsall at dow.com
Tue Oct 4 12:47:44 MDT 2011

Hello list,

I'm trying to build trilinos for tramanto. I have been unable to get the
mpi.h recognized by the compiler.

--example during make

/tmp/tramanto/trilinos/trilinos-10.6.4-Source/packages/epetra/src/Epetra
_C_wrappers.cpp:47:17: error: mpi.h: No such file or directory

As suggested in the documentation I've been providing -D MPI_BASE_DIR.
I've tried a fresh compile of mpich2 as well as Rocks default openmpi.

Using ccmake: /tmp/tramanto/cmake-2.8.5-Linux-i386/bin/ccmake -D
MPI_BASE_DIR=/tmp/tramanto/mpich2 `pwd`

There are many flags for the mpi libraries - which ones are most
important?  Thanks in advance.

William J. Edsall