[Trilinos-Users] zoltan particle ghost regions

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Sun May 15 07:42:31 MDT 2011

Lee Ann

Doing some tests on particle partitioning, I'm getting unexpected results from Zoltan_RCB_Box, hopefully from the embedded picture you can see that the partitions are reasonably sensible for points in a box, but the white lines I've added are the bounding boxes returned by RCB_Box (clamped from +/- DBL_MAX to box limits) to show the partition extents.

They never use the z-coord (see one side of box has no subdivisions visible - though the part colouring is ok)

[cid:image002.png at 01CC1315.FEBECD60]

Stepping through the code, I see that in rcb_box.c the function 'static void compute_box' never has

nodept->dim > 1

it's always 0,1 never 2. So the {zmin,zmax} never change from {-DBL_MAX, DBL_MAX}

Since the partition clearly uses all 3 dims (I declare 3 dim geom. In the callback, and the colours look fine from the part allocations) - can you suggest what I might be doing wrong. It looks like the stored cut dimensions/axes are somehow munged, or something.

Any ideas? (I'm using Trilinos_VERSION "10.6.2")

Thanks

JB

Debug info below FYI

ZOLTAN Load balancing method = 3 (RCB)

ZOLTAN Parameter IMBALANCE_TOL[0] = 1.100000

ZOLTAN Parameter AUTO_MIGRATE = FALSE

ZOLTAN Parameter MIGRATE_ONLY_PROC_CHANGES = 1

ZOLTAN Parameter OBJ_WEIGHT_DIM = 0

ZOLTAN Parameter EDGE_WEIGHT_DIM = 0

ZOLTAN Parameter DEBUG_LEVEL = 1

ZOLTAN Parameter DEBUG_PROCESSOR = 0

ZOLTAN Parameter DETERMINISTIC = TRUE

ZOLTAN Parameter TIMER = 1 (wall)

ZOLTAN Parameter NUM_GID_ENTRIES = 1

ZOLTAN Parameter NUM_LID_ENTRIES = 1

ZOLTAN Parameter RETURN_LISTS = IMPORT AND EXPORT

ZOLTAN Parameter NUM_GLOBAL_PARTS = 64

ZOLTAN Parameter NUM_LOCAL_PARTS = 64

ZOLTAN Parameter REMAP = 1

ZOLTAN Parameter SEED = 123456789 (123456789)

ZOLTAN Parameter LB_APPROACH = PARTITION

ZOLTAN Parameter USE_MACHINE_DESC = 0

ZOLTAN Parameter MACHINE_DESC_FILE = /etc/local/Zoltan_Machine_Desc

ZOLTAN Parameter RCB_OVERALLOC = 1.200000

ZOLTAN Parameter RCB_REUSE = 0

ZOLTAN Parameter CHECK_GEOM = 1

ZOLTAN Parameter RCB_OUTPUT_LEVEL = 0

ZOLTAN Parameter KEEP_CUTS = 1

ZOLTAN Parameter RCB_LOCK_DIRECTIONS = 0

ZOLTAN Parameter RCB_SET_DIRECTIONS = 0

ZOLTAN Parameter RCB_RECTILINEAR_BLOCKS = 1

ZOLTAN Parameter OBJ_WEIGHTS_COMPARABLE = 0

ZOLTAN Parameter RCB_MULTICRITERIA_NORM = 1

ZOLTAN Parameter RCB_MAX_ASPECT_RATIO = 5.000000

ZOLTAN Parameter AVERAGE_CUTS = 0

ZOLTAN Parameter RANDOM_PIVOTS = 0

ZOLTAN Parameter RCB_RECOMPUTE_BOX = 1

ZOLTAN Parameter REDUCE_DIMENSIONS = 0

ZOLTAN Parameter DEGENERATE_RATIO = 0.000000

ZOLTAN Parameter FINAL_OUTPUT = 0

ZOLTAN Parameter KEEP_CUTS = 1

ZOLTAN Parameter REDUCE_DIMENSIONS = 0

ZOLTAN Parameter DEGENERATE_RATIO = 10.000000