[Trilinos-Users] Basis pursuit denoise (BPDN)

Day, David dmday at sandia.gov
Fri Mar 25 09:34:17 MDT 2011

Dear Einar,
    The Basis Pursuit problem is new to me.  This type of l1 minimization problem
is a special, relatively nice, linear programing problem.  I think that the inequality constraint is
typically an equality constraint.  I thought a little about the l2 relaxation problem.  But even this,
for general parameter values, has a solution that is sensitive to the near null space of A.   For some
parameters,  A,b,sigma,  you might try to solve the l2 relaxation, min norm(x,2), using one of the optimization packages in Trilinos, such as MOOCHO.

For linear programing, you might consider packages unrelated to Trilinos such as
glpk (gnu),  clp (COIR-OR repository), or cplex (which is now free to acaemics.

Yours faithfully,
David Day