[Trilinos-Users] CMake: manual NetCDF > HDF5 linking

Perschbacher, Brent M bmpersc at sandia.gov
Mon Feb 28 12:02:46 MST 2011

Nico,
  Was there an error saying that HDF5 files could not be found? What you did
should work to turn on HDF5, but if you aren't configuring any packages that
use HDF5 then I wouldn't be surprised if it could fail silently. Also I'm
pretty sure that it won't put HDF5 on the link line like you are expecting.
If a package does not depend on a TPL then that TPL won't be linked for that
package even if the TPL is enabled. You might want to look into the variable
Trilinos_EXTRA_LINK_FLAGS to force HDF5 to be linked. There is some
information about it in the TrilinosCMakeQuickStart.txt file.

Brent