[Trilinos-Users] CMake: manual NetCDF > HDF5 linking

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at ua.ac.be
Mon Feb 28 11:33:35 MST 2011

Hi all,

I'm trying to link an executable using Trilinos including NetCDF using HDF5.
Unfortunately, the NetCDF library does not incorporate libhdf.a
directly, so it needs to be linked against manually. (After all, CMake
cannot know it is actually needed.)
As a workaround, I reckon the configuration phase of Trilinos is a good
spot of enabling general HDF5 support. However,

    -D TPL_ENABLE_HDF5:BOOL=ON

does not seem to turn HDF5 support on:

================ *snip* ================
$ cmake -D TPL_ENABLE_HDF5:BOOL=ON [...]
[...]

Final set of enabled TPLs:  Pthread BinUtils MPI BLAS LAPACK Boost Netcdf 7

Final set of non-enabled TPLs:  Peano CUDA Thrust Cusp TBB ARPREC QD
Scotch METIS ParMETIS PaToH CppUnit ADOLC ADIC TVMET MF ExodusII Nemesis
XDMF y12m SuperLUDist SuperLU Zlib UMFPACK MA28 AMD PETSC HYPRE BLACS
SCALAPACK MUMPS Oski TAUCS ForUQTK Dakota HIPS HDF5 MATLAB CASK SPARSKIT
QT gtest BoostLib 43

[...]

Can HDF5 be pulled in only via EpetraExt maybe?

I'd be happy to hear about other suggestions on how to deal with the
linking issue, too.

Cheers,
Nico