[Trilinos-Users] How best to solve Poisson eq. in cylindrical coordinates

Travis Austin austin at txcorp.com
Tue Dec 27 19:35:14 MST 2011

We solved our problem by catching an error in how we were defining the solver.
Now ML performs great and we only need about 15 its for our tougher problem.

I'd suggest playing around with the threshold value in ML.  Does performance
slowly degrade as you increase the aspect ratios?  How bad are they?  I may
be able to easily test out performance for a similar problem to get you a
comparison.

Travis

Travis Austin, Ph.D.
VP of Computational Mathematics