[Trilinos-Users] Sundance boundary conditions

Shota Soga ssoga at ncsu.edu
Thu Dec 22 10:59:15 MST 2011

HI Andrea,

   I think your exodus file does not have any sidesets.

   Could you make sure that your software properly output sidesets?

Shota

PS: I edited your exodus file, so I will send it to you via different email.

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 11:18 AM, Andrea Penza <pepe.aero at alice.it> wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> there are no error messages, but simply at the end of the execution the
> result is zero everywhere (if I start from a null initial guess), as the
> boundary conditions are not enforced.
>
> The problem is that I have no Cubit license, and this mesh was made by
> Icem Cfd. Icem Cdf can put labels, but just as string while Sundance
> accept only int number as argument of:
>
> CellFilter left = edges.labeledSubset(1);
>
> Is it possible to put label and call it in Sundance without using Cubit
> for making the mesh?
>
> Ps: Kevin, I can reach your mailbox just from the trilinos-users mailing
> list because of some spam controll, so sorry people for spamming your
> mailboxes with my attached file now.
>
> Andrea
>

> On gio, 2011-12-22 at 09:45 -0600, Kevin Long wrote:
> > Hi Andrea,
> >
> > This is odd. Identifying boundaries by label is the most common use
> > case, so it's tested thoroughly.
> >
> > A few questions/suggestions:
> >
> > (1) What, precisely, goes wrong? Does it fail to find any labeled
> > cells?
> > Crash? Get cells mixed up?
> >
> > (2) You might use ncdump to write the exodus file to text format so
> > you
> > can verify that the cells are labeled correctly.
> >
> > (3) Could you email me the exodus file so I can test it?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Kevin

Shota Soga
Graduate Assistant at North Carolina State University

Email: ssoga at ncsu.edu
URL:http://abdelk.ne.ncsu.edu/<http://abdelk.ne.ncsu.edu/wiki/index.php/Shota_Soga>
w/