[Trilinos-Users] [EXTERNAL] Installing pytrilinos to a user-defined directory

lukshuntim at gmail.com lukshuntim at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 22:35:38 MST 2011

On 12/19/2011 08:54 AM, Nuno Sucena Almeida wrote:
> On 12/18/2011 04:13 PM, Bill Spotz wrote:
>> The PyTrilinos installation path is supposed to be set by the user via variable PyTrilinos_INSTALL_PREFIX as seen at line 182 of Trilinos/packages/PyTrilinos/CMakeLists.txt.  I personally have not tried using the configure options file.
>
> You can find my configure script at
> https://slug.blog.aeminium.org/2011/07/16/trilinos-10-6-x-ubuntu-11-04/
>
> and indeed I use PyTrilinos_INSTALL_PREFIX, which works fine, at least
> with 10.6.4
> 			regards,
> 					Nuno

Hi Ross, Bill and Nuno,

First of all, thanks very much for your help.

Ross, yes. CMake did read the file as other options were set and things
compiled without any error.

Bill, Numo, setting PyTrilinos_INSTALL_PREFIX via the -D option showed
"PyTrilinos installation path:
/usr/local/stow/trilinos/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyTrilinos" which
exactly what I wanted.

It seems somehow when used inside an option file, it is not passed down
when pytrilinos is being configured. I'm quite new to cmake so I don't
know whether my use of the option file is 100% correct or not. And I
don't quite understand this few lines (in CMakeLists.txt in the
pytrilinos package).

IF(CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX_INITIALIZED_TO_DEFAULT)
  SET(PyTrilinos_DEFAULT_INSTALL_PREFIX ${PYTHON_PREFIX})
ELSE(CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX_INITIALIZED_TO_DEFAULT)
  SET(PyTrilinos_DEFAULT_INSTALL_PREFIX ${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX})
ENDIF(CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX_INITIALIZED_TO_DEFAULT)

I got the idea of setting CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX from it. Maybe someone
can throw more light on this.

Regards,
ST