[Trilinos-Users] Teuchos::TimeMonitor::summarize problem with local communicators

Georg Hammerl hammerl at lnm.mw.tum.de
Thu Dec 8 08:22:07 MST 2011

Hi Teuchos,

I have a question regarding the Teuchos::TimeMonitor.

Is there a special reason why the summarize method takes more or less
automatically the MPI_COMM_WORLD communicator.
I'm working with a splitted communicator and not all of my processes
call the summarize. Hence, some of my processes wait in front of several
"barrier (*pComm)" calls within the summarize but the remaining
processes will never reach these barrieres and my whole simulation stops.

An alternative would be to add a further argument to the summarize
method that includes a potential local communicator. The default can of
course be the MPI_COMM_WORLD.

Thank's for your help.

Georg

--