[Trilinos-Users] Trilinos on GPU?

Heroux, Michael A maherou at sandia.gov
Fri Jun 25 12:30:13 MDT 2010

Gianluca,

Trilinos supports GPUs via the Kokkos library.  Support is limited right now, but growing quickly, including multinode support.  Trilinos 10.4, coming out in a few weeks, will have a lot more.  The links Ted mentioned will work well for you on a single GPU.

Right now, for general sparse computations, multinode GPU computations are not competitive with multinode CPU performance because of host-device data transfer costs, although there are certainly specialized cases where this is not true.  The situation will improve over the next year, at which time we will have support for scalable multinode GPU, and hybrid GPU/CPU capabilities ready in Trilinos.

Mike