[Trilinos-Users] Thyra/Epetra adapters

Kevin Long kevin.long at ttu.edu
Fri Jun 25 13:14:04 MDT 2010

Ross,

Will it be possible to derive subclasses from the Thyra/Tpetra adapters? I ask
because some Thyra classes (DefaultSpmdVectorSpace, for example) have private
constructors making derivation impossible (except through deprecated
constructors which may go away).

I know this is because you favor the decoupling of object creation and onject
initialization, but the lack of public (or even protected) constructors does
make things inconvenient for people who would like to use Thyra's adapter
support classes for interoperability but then build a different user
interface on them.

Regards,

Kevin

Kevin Long