[Trilinos-Users] hermitian banded matrix factorization

Phil Cummins phil.cummins at anu.edu.au
Wed Feb 24 02:53:55 MST 2010

Hello,

I am new to Trilinos and am trying to answer the typical newbie question 'Is it worth my learning Trlinos?'

I am a python user and have an application that requires the LU factorization of a banded Hermitian (i.e., complex, conjugate-symmetric) matrix. For efficiency, I want something that will take advantage of the symmetry and sparseness of the matrix. Can anyone tell me if the Kcomplex package in Trilinos (which I hope to use via Pytrilinos) would be suitable for this?

Many thanks,

- Phil