[Trilinos-Users] troubles with --enable-mpi

Kevin Long kevin.long at ttu.edu
Sat Jul 4 14:59:44 MDT 2009

Virginia,

The most obvious cause would be an improperly installed compiler (for example,
the compiler's rpath might not be set correctly). Have you been able to
compile/link/run other executables using the same compilers? You might verify
that you can build & run hello.c.

If that's not the problem, you might send along
BUILD_DIR/packages/teuchos/config.log, which will show more information than
the log file you sent.

Kevin

On Saturday 04 July 2009 03:11:07 pm Virginia Costa wrote:
> Hi, people.
> I wanna install trilinos 9.0.3 with the options --enable-mpi
> --with-mpi-compilers and with all no default packages enable. Something
> like this
>
> sudo ./configure --enable-mpi --with-mpi-compilers
> --enable-default-packages --enable-didasko- --enable-amesos
> --enable-anasazi --enable-belos --enable-claps --enable-external
> --enable-fei --enable-intrepid --enable-isorropia --enable-kokkos
> --enable-komplex --enable-loca --enable-meros --enable-moertel
> --enable-phalanx --enable-phdmesh --enable-pliris --enable-pytrilinos
> --enable-rbgen --enable-rythmos --enable-sacado --enable-sundance
> --enable-teuchos --enable-pamgen --enable-rtop  --enable-threadpool
> --enable-thyra --enable-stratimikos --enable-moocho --enable-tpetra
> --enable-trilinoscouplings --enable-triutils --enable-galeri
> --enable-webtrilinos --enable-zoltan --enable-shared
> --enable-aztecoo-teuchos | tee configure_LINUX_MPI.log
>

> However, it returned the following message:
>
> checking for C compiler default output file name...
> See `config.log' for more details.
> configure: error: ./configure failed for packages/teuchos
>

> Has anyone already seen this before?
> The log file is attached.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Virginia.

Kevin Long
Associate Professor
Texas Tech University
Lubbock, TX

"The end of fear is the beginning of wisdom"
    -- Bertrand Russell