[Trilinos-Users] NOX - "Tensor based", ForTrilinos

Brett W. Bader bwbader at sandia.gov
Mon Apr 20 12:14:57 MDT 2009

Matthias,

I can only respond to your first question...

It has been some time since I worked with the NOX Tensor based solver
and even longer since working with TENSOLVE package in FORTRAN.  I
think some convergence parameters can be set the same, but others are
not compatible because the two packages employ fundamentally different
algorithms.  One is a large-scale iterative solve (inexact), the other
is a direct solver.  If you provide more specific information about
parameters you are interested in, then I might be able to help further.

Best regards,
Brett Bader