[Trilinos-Users] NOX - "Tensor based", ForTrilinos

Andrew G Salinger agsalin at sandia.gov
Mon Apr 20 14:22:14 MDT 2009

Hi Matthias,

We have many examples of fortran codes that have hooked up to
NOX, but have only a little code in Trilinos that generalizes
that capability. There are 3 files in CTrilinos (attached) that
act as a NOX interface and driver. These are currently hardwired
for matrix-free Newton-Krylov, and expect you to supply a function
pointer to your residual calculation. There are a few comments
on how to change the driver code for the (better) case where you
can compute a Jacobian matrix. You can also look at the NOX examples
on how to change these interfaces to access what you need from NOX.

I've also attached a F90 file that shows the calls to cnox
and the bindings, so you can see the usage from Fortran.

Sorry that we haven't generalized this further yet, but these should
be a good starting point for getting to NOX from fortran. I hope
this helps, and I can help debug this as you get closer.

Andy Salinger