[Trilinos-Users] Asynchronous Epetra_Import?

Charles Boivin charles.boivin at mayahtt.com
Tue Apr 7 13:52:45 MDT 2009

Re: [Trilinos-Users] Asynchronous Epetra_Import?Mike,

Thanks for the quick reply. I do not have hard data to provide. We are currently in an evaluation stage right now as far as the current project is concerned. As you mentioned, overlapping both computation and communication seems to make sense, in principle, so we were going off of that.

Past projects (not based on Trilinos) that I have worked on have used latency hiding techniques such that I described, but they were always running on relatively small clusters (10-50 cpus) with slower interconnects. I suppose it doesn't really correspond to "most systems" that you "tend to use with Trilinos".

The current project, however, is intended to run on anything ranging from the small off-the-shelf clusters to larger, more expensive setups. Trilinos seems to fit the bill for a whole set of other requirements we have, so I still think it might be worthwhile to work around that particular issue. It might be interesting to test a few things on that front. I will gladly communicate any results we get.

Thanks again for your reply,

Charles Boivin