[Trilinos-Users] ILU IFPACK preconditioner

Lucia Mirabella lucia at mathcs.emory.edu
Mon Oct 27 13:23:04 MDT 2008

Hi,

I am encountering a problem while trying to extract L and U factors from
ILU IFPACK preconditioner.

In my code I have a RCP pointer to an Ifpack_Preconditioner object that
is initialized using the Create method of an Ifpack object (with "ILU"
as preconditioner type argument).

"Ifpack Factory;
RCP<Ifpack_Preconditioner> Prec;
Prec = Teuchos::rcp( Factory.Create("ILU", &*B_rcp, OverlapLevel) );"

When I invoke the method L() on the Ifpack_Preconditioner object

"Epetra_CrsMatrix L_factor= Prec->L();"

I get this compiling error:

"error: ‘class Ifpack_Preconditioner’ has no member named ‘L’"

Could you please suggest me how to solve this problem?

Thank you,

Lucia Mirabella