[Trilinos-Users] Succesfull compilation and testing under ubuntu 8.04

Riccardo Rossi rrossi at cimne.upc.edu
Tue Oct 21 02:17:34 MDT 2008

I finally managed to get pytrilinos to work on my Ubuntu 8.06 64bit
system

To have it working (and the tests running fine_) i had to do a number of
things:

1 - (As proposed by Bill Spotz) In
PyTrilinos/__init__.py, change

     except SystemError, ImportError:

     except (SystemError, ImportError):

2 - This same fix needs to be applied in the set_path.py in both the
directory "test" and "examples"

3 - ... this is somehow stupid but it took time to me to understand that
"from Pytrilinos import Epetra" does not work ... while the simpler
"import Epetra" does work correctly. I have the impression that the
documentation is misleading in this sense but i may be wrong

i hope this could be of help for other people

thanks again to everyone for the collaboration
Riccardo